- A husband in Brazil and three kids in Berkeley
- Posting an ad for a new aide and receiving 80 responses, conducting phone screenings from the car, and squeezing interviews in around 19 other commitments.
- Watching my nearly 9 year old stutter so badly his whole face contorts as he wrestles with each word
- Not having a plan for the 9 year old's birthday in 4 days.
- Reading about PWS deaths and H1N1 and deciding, still begrudgingly, to get the vaccine
- Scheduling that vaccine and three other MD appointments in one week.
- Wondering why the 11 year old has been so quiet and lethargic for three days.
- Writing a two page letter to my 5 year old's pediatrician about her obsession with food because I can't possibly explain all of the nuances of the situation with her present at tomorrow's checkup.
- Wanting to edit my workshop piece for the class anthology but knowing I'm not going to have time.
- Wondering why my hair is falling out, I've gained 10 pounds, and I'm dizzy again.
- Other things I can't write in a blog for fear of upsetting certain individuals.
- Wanting to just forget it all and crawl into bed with a good book.
Heck. I think I will do that.
Check back tomorrow for an update. Will I use sunscreen to brush my teeth? Put the milk in the cupboard? Confuse the school start time and deliver the kid 15 minutes late? Or will I add a new blooper to the list? I bet you can't wait to find out!